TRAINING PROGRAMME ON ‘LAWS PROTECTING WOMEN RIGHTS’LCHR Guwahati
Three days Para-Legal Volunteer’s (PLVs) residential training programme on “Laws Protecting Women Rights” of the project ‘Capacity Building of Rural/Tribal Women in Assam’, was organized under the guidance of LCHR Director – Adv. Owen C SJ by Legal Cell for Human Rights (LCHR) – A Unit of Prachodaya Trust from 1st to 3rd September 2022, at NEDSF, Ramsa Hall, Kharghuli, Guwahati.
A total of 39 participants took part, comprising of Para-Legal Volunteer’s (PLVs), District Coordinators of Udalguri and Baksa districts and staff of LCHR. The participants were trained on the following topics –
- ‘Labour codes with reference to tea plantation workers’,
- ‘How to organize awareness programme’,
- ‘The Right to Information Act 2005’,
- ‘Basic Features of the Constitution of India’,
- ‘Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Protection, and Redressal) Act 2013’,
- ‘The Maternity Benefit Act 1961’, and
- ‘The Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act 2007’.