TRAINING PROGRAMME ON ‘CHILD RIGHTS’LCHR Guwahati
Legal Cell for Human Rights (LCHR) organized a residential training programme on ‘Child Rights’ on 9th and 10th February 2023 at Christashram, Mancotta – Dibrugarh, Assam for the Instructors of Supplementary Education Centre’s of Dibrugarh, Tinsukia and Golaghat District zones. The training programme was supported by ‘Kindermissionswerk’ and aimed to sensitize participants about various laws and issues related to child rights. The training programme was attended by 33 participants, including the LCHR Staff.
The training programme covered various topics related to child rights, including
- ‘The Pre-Conception and Pre-Natal Diagnostic Techniques Act 1994’,
- ‘Prevention of Illicit Traffic in Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act 1988 in relevance to its effects in Tea Gardens/Villages of Assam’,
- ‘The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act 2016’,
- ‘Impact of Domestic Violence on Children’ and
- ‘Functions of Child Parliament’.
The resource persons were –
- Adv. Suman Indwar,
- Mr. Albert Kerketta, and
- Mr. Gyandeep Topno.