TRAINING PROGRAMME ON ‘CHILD RIGHTS AND ENTITLEMENTS’LCHR Guwahati
Training Programme on ‘Child Rights and Entitlements’ was organized by Legal Cell for Human Rights (LCHR) under the support of ‘Kindermissionswerk’ from 8th – 9th February and 11th – 12th February 2022 at Pastoral Centre, Lichu Bari, Harigaon – Tezpur and Mancotta – Dibrugarh respectively.
Fr. Timothy Saldana, Director of Christashram – Mancotta (Dibrugarh) was the Chief Guest of the training programme in Mancotta – Dibrugarh.
This training programme was for the Instructors of Supplementary Education Centre of Nagaon, Udalguri, Biswanath, North Lakhimpur, Golaghat, Tinsukia and Dibrugarh district zones. There were 27 participants in Pastoral Centre – Tezpur and 24 participants in Mancotta – Dibrugarh including LCHR staff for the training programme. They were trained on the following topics –
- ‘The Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act 2009’
- ‘Fundamentals of Child Rights in India’
- ‘Child Parliament’
- ‘Schemes for Elementary, Secondary and Higher Education’
- ‘Entitlements of Children’
- ‘The Maternity Benefit Act 1961’
The resource persons were –
- Adv. Suman Indwar, LL.M
- Mr. Gyandeep Topno, MSW
- Mr. Albert Kerketta,B.A.LL.B (H)