TRAINING PROGRAMME ON ‘CHILD RIGHTS’LCHR Guwahati
Legal Cell for Human Rights (LCHR) organized a residential training programme on ‘Child Rights’ at Pastoral Centre, Tezpur on 24th & 25th February 2023 for the Instructors of Supplementary Education Centres of Nagaon, Udalguri, North – Lakhimpur and Biswanath district zones under the support of ‘Kindermissionswerk’.
A total of 40 participants including the LCHR Staff and District Coordinators participated in the training programme. The participants were trained on the following topics:
- ‘Pre – Conception and Pre – Natal Diagnostic Techniques Act 1994’,
- ‘Prevention of Illicit Trafficking in Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropics Substance Act 1988’,
- ‘The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act 2006’,
- ‘Impact of Domestic Violence on Children’, and
- ‘Functions of Child Parliament’.
The resource persons were:
- Adv. Suman Indwar,
- Mr. Albert Kerketta, and
- Mr. Gyandeep Topno.