TRAINING PROGRAMME ON ‘CAPACITY BUILDING OF PARA-LEGAL VOLUNTEERS’LCHR Guwahati
Legal Cell for Human Rights (LCHR) organized three days residential training programme on ‘Capacity Building of Para – Legal Volunteers’ of the project ‘Capacity Building of Rural/Tribal Women in Assam’ from 16th to 18th February 2023 at North East Diocesan Social Forum (NEDSF), Kharghuli – Guwahati.
A total of 34 participants including the LCHR Staff participated in the training programme. They were trained on the following topics –
- ‘The Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act 2009’,
- ‘The Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act 2012’,
- ‘The Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act 2015’,
- ‘The Prevention of Illicit Traffic in Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act 1988’,
- ‘The Pre-Conception and Pre-Natal Diagnostic Techniques Act 1994’, and
- ‘Social Security Schemes’.
The resource persons were –
- Adv. Suman Indwar,
- Mr. Albert Kerketta, and
- Mr. Gyandeep Topno.