COMMUNITY LEADERS’ TRAINING PROGRAMME ON “CHILD RIGHTS & OTHER ISSUES”LCHR Guwahati
Community Leaders’ training programme on “Child Rights and other issues” was organized by Legal Cell for Human Rights (LCHR) under the guidance of Fr. Owen Chourappa SJ (Director – LCHR) at Christashram, Mancotta – Dibrugarh from 28th February to 1st March 2021.
Training programme was organized for the Community Leaders’ of Doom Dooma, Jagun, Khobang, Margherita, Pengaree, Phillobari, Tinsukia, Tongna. A total number of 66 leaders participated in the training programme.
Similar training programme was organized for the Community Leaders of Chabua, Digboi, Dhuria, Dibrugarh, Duliajan, Moranhat, Naharkatia and Nilmoni on 14th and 15th April 2021 at Christashram, Mancotta – Dibrugarh. A total number of 54 leaders participated in the training programme.
They were trained on
- ‘The Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act 2005’ ,
- ‘The Prohibition of Child Marriage Act 2006′,
- ‘The Child Labour (Prohibition and Regulation) Act 1986’,
- ‘The Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act 2015’, and
- ‘Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act 2012’.
The resources persons were
- Fr. Owen Chourappa SJ (LL.M)
- Mr. Suman Indwar (LL.M)
- Ms. Phulwanti Nag (LL.M)