COMMUNITY LEGAL AWARENESS PROGRAMMELCHR Guwahati
Legal Cell for Human Rights (LCHR) organized a ‘Community Legal Awareness Programme’ on ‘Child Rights’ in Chiringgro, Willamnagar, East Garo Hills – Meghalaya on 23rd October 2022 in collaboration with Garo Hills Legal Fraternity (GHLF).
There were 86 participants including men, women and children. They were made aware on –
- ‘The Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act 2012’,
- ‘Child Rights and Right to Education’, and
- The Prohibition of Child Marriage Act 2006.
The resource persons were –
- Adv. Christopher D. Sangma,
- Adv. Greatson Sangma, and
- Adv. Albania Kilse B. Marak.